Baking a batch of ooey-gooey pot brownies is a right of passage for most cannabis enthusiasts. Let’s see how to make the best weed brownies.
In fact, for a lot of people, brownie edibles were the first cannabis product they tried.
It may seem cliche to some, but edibles are more popular than ever. And the humble brownie is still a popular marijuana conveyance wrapped in layers of four, chocolate, and sugar.
If you’re starting to salivate a bit … good! That’s what we want. We also want to show you how to make the best weed brownies.
Table of Contents
Gather the Goods to Make the Best Weed Brownies
It’s not difficult to make incredible weed brownies. Simply follow our steps and amaze yourself when something incredibly delicious (and potent!) pops out of the oven.
But first, you have to gather your equipment and ingredients.
- A greased 8” x 8” pan
- Mixing bowls (ideally, a medium- and a large-sized one)
- A whisk (or a hand mixer if you feel like being fancy with it)
- Measuring cups and a teaspoon
- An oven preheated to 350℉ or 175℃
- Your ingredients
Weed Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of cannabis-infused butter (we adore the cannabutter recipe used in this cannabis-infused brownie recipe)
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar (we do not recommend subbing in powdered sugar, although brown sugar works, too.)
- 2 eggs (if making vegan brownies, replace with 2 flax eggs)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
Steps to Follow
Now that you have gathered your equipment and ingredients, it’s time to start baking!
Simply follow these steps to make the best weed brownies:
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients (the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking powder).
- Once incorporated, set the bowl aside.
- Gently melt the cannabutter using the microwave at 15-second increments. Conversely, you can also heat the cannabutter on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring until it melts. Microwaves are more convenient, yet you have more control when using the stovetop. So the choice is yours.
- Once the cannabutter is melted, but slightly cooled, stir it into a larger-sized mixing bowl containing the eggs. Mix well.
- Now, pour the dry ingredients carefully into the larger bowl with the eggs and cannabutter.
- Stir as you pour so that it mixes in well.
- Pour this batter into the greased pan and shove it in the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the sides pull away from the pan.
- Consume and adore ASAP!
Making these delicious weed brownies is only the start of the fun!
If you’re making pot brownies, odds are you have a sweet tooth (we already know you like cannabis!), so why not dress them up a bit?
To make them even more chocolatey, add half a cup of chocolate chips or chunks to the batter before baking.
When the brownies are still warm from baking, add a scoop of your favorite ice cream flavor to make weed brownie a la mode.
If you want brownies that satiate your sweet tooth, make you a bit stoned, and perk you up with caffeine, add a tablespoon of espresso powder to the batter.
You can also add walnuts, almonds, peanuts, or whatever nut you like. Pretzel pieces are also fun for added crunch!
Just remember: any dry ingredient you add will sap a bit of moisture. So add a bit more cannabutter (or regular butter, if you’re concerned about the brownies being too potent) to the batter to maintain a gooey brownies consistency.
Keep these quick tips in mind for perfect bakes:
- Use high-quality ingredients to bake high-quality brownies
- Many professional bakers opt for Dutch-processed cocoa powder. This is cocoa that has been alkalinized and is neutral as opposed to acidic.
- Always measure your ingredients!
- Be sure to keep an eye on the brownies as they bake. Some people prefer a brownie with a crust. If this is you, let them cook closer to 30 minutes or so.
By following this simple recipe and tips, you will be able to make the best weed brownies time after time.
Now that you have, don’t be greedy! Share your delicious goodies with adult-aged family and friends (just be sure they’re okay with the cannabis infusion!)